This was by far the best risotto that I had ever tried and seriously the recipe is really simple and quick to make.
- 250 grams good quality Basmati Rice
- 1000 to 1500 ml good quality hot chicken stock (homemade is best)
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 40 grams acidulated butter (see below)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- Lemon Juice
- Chopped Nori roll (1 sheet)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 200 grams prawns, chopped
- Place the butter in a wide surfaced pan and melt. Add the rice and toast for around 3 minutes until the butter is slightly browned and nutty. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock (I only used 1000 ml but the recipe calls for 1500 ml) a little at a time and stir continuously for around 15 minutes. The rice will still have a little bite and remember that the dish will not be as creamy as a risotto using regular risotto rice.
- Once the rice is cooked, finish the dish by stirring in the soy sauce, acidulated butter, mascarpone, lemon juice, chopped nori roll and chives. Season with more salt and pepper if needed
- Grill the prawns and top the risotto with grilled prawns and grated lemon zest.
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 50 grams basmati rice
In a pan, melt the butter and add the rice and cook until nutty brown flavour is released. Pass this through a sieve. Set aside.
- 90 ml white wine
- 90 ml white wine vinegar
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 100 grams butter
Combine the onion, white wine and white wine vinegar and heat in a pan and reduce until the pan is almost dry. Take this off the heat and whisk in the butter until the butter is emulsified. Pass through a sieve.
Mix both butters and leave to set in the fridge for around 8 hours. You will have enough for several batches and this lasts a few days in the fridge.
So that is the recipe and I can guarantee you that when you make the butter it will be the most fragrant butter ever. Just with the prawns it is really important to heat up the pan really hot so you can seal all the juice inside the prawn and splash a bit of white wine and its done. Don’t over cook them !!!!